Regional Development Company SavoGrow
SavoGrow is a regional development company owned by six municipalities in the heart of Savo Region: Keitele, Pielavesi, Rautalampi, Suonenjoki, Tervo and Vesanto. Our core activity is the execution of economic development strategy of our owner municipalities. We guard the regional interests in economic/industrial policy-making and take actively part in regional development projects.
Our region is active in food industry and berry growing and particularly known for its strawberries. Other important industries are sawmill, wood products and metal industries. A growing industry is tourism - establishment of a new national park in Rautalampi and the growing number of foreign travellers in Finland will hopefully bring new income to the region in the future.
Our core activities
Free consulting services to companies
Paid consulting in selected business brances
- business development consulting to all business branches
- advising entrepreneurs in starting a business
(mostly for charge or done within development projects)
Services through regional development projects
- Our specialists provide consulting services for food products industry in product development, quality issues etc. We have modern development facilities for food product development, which serve food industry companies throughout Finland. Our specialists help companies to develop new products and companies can rent the development facilities at a low cost.
- Berry Expertise Centre, working under SavoGrow, provides consulting and development services for berry production. Our objective is to develop the competitiveness of Finnish berry cultivation and to ensure professional and efficient berry production in our region. Our services are used by berry farmers throughout Finland. Berry Expertise Centre takes also part in research projects and makes cultivation experiments on its experimental farm located in Suonenjoki.
- SavoGrow is an active coordinator of regional development projects in North Savo region. Project topics range from improving region's attractiveness in the eyes of employees to networking micro enterprises and from training berry farmers to improving the efficiency of companies and occupational health of employees. We cooperate with a wide range of partners from companies to other development organisations and search constantly new partners and funding possibilities.